- Leiden , Nederland
- Bachelor / Master
Over de functie
As (Senior) Structural Engineer you can be assigned to one of the business units (Wind, Decommissioning or Transport and Installation). The objective of the Business Unit Wind is to drive the global energy transition by bringing Heerema Marine Contractors’ experience to the offshore wind industry. The objective of the Business Unit Decom is to remove offshore installations safely and predictably. This is what Heerema has been doing for over thirty years. For our Business Unit Transport and Installation we transport and installs offshore structures in a safe, cost effective and sustainable manner. As a (Senior) Structural Engineer you provide structural support for product development, studies, tenders and offshore projects.
Your daily tasks and responsibilities include the following:
- Perform concept and detail design of offshore fit for purpose lifting arrangements and steel structures, such as lifting appliances, lift points, lift arrangements and grillage and sea fastening;
- Perform structural strength verification analyses, including advanced non-linear Finite Element Analysis, by use of software packages such as SACS;
- Review structural deliverables (construction reports and drawings);
- Perform quality control on deliverables prepared by colleagues;
- Contribute to a continuous improving and learning organization by i.e. actively sharing knowledge and experiences and identifying and providing follow up to subjects for improvement.
You are a team player who organizes and plans the own work and the involvement of others effectively and efficiently. You are quality and result oriented and have the ability to adapt easily when needed. Next to this you take the different interests of different divisions of the organization and mutual relations into account of your own record. You recognize the effects and results of your own decisions or activities on other parts of the organization.
Furthermore, you have:
- A Bachelor and/or Master degree Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in engineering, project preparation and execution of offshore projects;
- A good understanding of offshore structural engineering;
- A structural engineering background is preferred;
- Excellent analytical, practical and pragmatic skills;
- Good communication skills in English, both spoken and written;
- Supervisory and coaching skills to provide guidance to less experienced engineers;
- The ambition to work (temporarily) offshore on our vessels, overseas or in our other offices.
Wat wij bieden
- Excellent secondary labor conditions, such as a bonus payment, a first-class pension scheme and various insurance plans;
- Holiday; 30 working days;
- Ample opportunities for personal and professional development;
- Free use of Heerema Marine Contractors’ in-house fitness facility;
- Opportunities to develop your initiatives within a team;
- An informal working environment with international colleagues;
- A centrally located office with a good accessibility and parking.
Pioniersgeest en ingenieuze oplossingen
Heerema Marine Contractors is marktleider in het transport, installatie en ontmantelen van offshore-constructies. Je kan hierbij denken aan vaste en drijvende constructies en andere infrastructuur in (on)diep water. Voor de uitvoering van projecten beschikt HMC over de grootste kraanschepen ter wereld: de Sleipnir, de Thialf, Balder en Aegir. De Sleipnir is zelfs het grootste kraanschip ter wereld met een hijsvermogen van 20,000 ton. Daarnaast omvat de Heerema-vloot een scala aan materieel, zoals sleepboten, pontons en offshore hei-materieel en powerpacks.
We installeren steeds verder uit de kust, in alsmaar dieper water en in uitzonderlijke omstandigheden. Steeds weer sta je voor nieuwe uitdagingen die vragen om pioniersgeest en ingenieuze oplossingen. Je kunt dus een buitengewoon werkterrein verwachten bij Heerema Marine Contractors.